Tuesday, February 1, 2011 at 4:27PM
If you're not syncing contacts from Google over to your iPhone, the easiest way to get your Google mail and your default calendar for your gmail or Google apps account is to just add the account as a regular gmail account. Unfortunately, if you have more than one calendar, Google doesn't show you an easy way to see your other calendars on your iPhone or other iOS device running iOS 4.
It's actually easy, if you know the trick:
- If your account is not on your phone already, add your google account under Settings>Mail,Contacts, Calendars>Add account.
- Make sure "calendars" is on.
- Open your computers web browser, and sign into the same gmail or google apps account via the web (if your gmail-hosted email address ends in something like "@yourcompany.com", it's a Google apps account).
- Once you've signed in, go to: https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect (standard gmail) or if you use Google apps: https://www.google.com/calendar/hosted/yourdomain.com/iphoneselect (don't forget to replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name as it appears after the "@" sign in your email address)
- Check off the other calendars you want to see on your iPhone
- Click "Save"