Things I like
- Auto-popup of authentication sheets at public wifi hotspots like Starbucks works great.
- Love the new spelling correction hints that let you see what it wants to do before autocorrecting it - giving you a chance to say no.
- Love the fact that you can now hold down a key to get the tilde/umlaut/whatever accent marks.
- Mission Control allows me to find windows that are open a little faster due to grouping by App than expose
- I love that Safari auto-restores, and Pages, and Textedit, and...
- Fast launches
- Versions of previous pages
- Apps conforming to the new document standard don't force me to save before dragging into Mail App, etc.
- For the same apps, not having to worry about saving the stuff I'm working on when I close the program. It gets saved as I'm working on it too.
- Call me nuts but I actually like the new three-column layout in Mail.
- You can search by multiple terms within Mail, etc.
- Seeing battery status, etc. on the login screen.
- PDF annotation. Not just "signature" graphics, but actual text entry, etc. even on PDF's that are not pre-configured as forms (for an example of the latter, download your typical IRS tax form as PDF).
Things I dislike
- Effectively borked the minimize-to-app in Mission Control
- Using "Duplicate" instead of "Save as" can be a bit unexpected at first.
- The "hold key" behavior does mess up people who like repeat keys enabled.
- Why did you cripple digital color meter?
- The "real life" look of the address book and iCal is a bit much, but I can deal with it.